I’m not a fan of processed foods and prefer a home cooked meal. Here’s one of my favorite childhood recipes to prepare for yourself or your family.
- 1 lb Chicken Skinless Tenderloins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 cups Vegetable oil
- Pour buttermilk into a large bowl. Place chicken in the bowl with buttermilk and let them soak in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and parsley flakes.
- In a separate bowl, beat two eggs.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil to about 350 degrees F (medium).
- Remove chicken strips from buttermilk, dredge in flour mix, the eggs, then back through the flour.
- Carefully place chicken tenders into the hot oil. Fry for 3 minutes, then flip pieces over for another 3 minutes or until golden brown. Internal temp should be 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
Serve & enjoy!